7 keys to getting more website visitors
In case you’re wondering how important getting visitors to your website is, it’s very important. Especially if you want to generate sales. If your website isn’t getting any visitors, you’re not generating any sales online. Plus, it’s hard to test your sales process when there are no visitors coming in.
- More traffic generates more revenue
- Allows you to see how well your marketing is working
- Generate more leads
- Learn what visitors like about your website
- You’re not writing what people are searching for
- Not creating keyword-focused posts
- Keywords are left out in your headline
- Your posts aren’t detailed enough
- You’re not linking externally and internally
- Your content is not shareable
- You’re not optimizing your images
- Direct Traffic – This is the most basic form of traffic. Here, people come directly to your website by typing your web address (URL) into their web browser. It’s possible they heard about your brand from a link in an email or a PDF.
- Social Traffic – This includes visitors who found your website on social media channels like Facebook or Twitter.
- Referral Traffic – These are people who find your site through external links. It’s like a recommendation from one website to another. For example, if you publish a blog with a link back to your site and someone chooses to click and follow that link, that person is a referral visitor.
- Organic Traffic – These are people who find your website through an online search. This kind of traffic comes from search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. One way to increase organic traffic is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
How do you attract visitors to your website?
If getting website visitors increases your chances of generating sales and leads, how do you go about it? What are some of the best practices to attract visitors and gain more traffic?
There are over 1000 websites in Ghana. What does that tell you? It means you’re competing with a lot of people out there. Your main goal, however, is to attract the attention of people in your target audience to visit your site
Make your content Irresistible
Securing a guest post on a reputable site can increase website visitors. Guest blogging isn’t necessarily about your brand getting links.
Think of it as a website traffic booster. When you guest post on a trusted website, it lets you rank well and create a steady flow of free traffic to your site.
Come up with a list of high traffic websites in your industry. Get to know the editors and follow them on social media. Get connected and pitch your guest post ideas to them.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Without SEO optimization, it’s quite hard to increase the number of website visitors. Are you using the right keywords? Are these keywords included in your headline, images and meta-description? Use tools like Keyword Tools to research on keywords.
The better SEO optimization, the more website visitors you have on your website!
Are all your content optimized for search engines? Optimizing your content for search engines makes it easy for visitors or targeted users to find your site.
Use the right type of keyword. The difference between a long and short tail keyword is that the former is more specific. It’s more difficult to rank for short-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords, on the other hand, gives you the opportunity to rank higher. Being on top makes your website just a click away from potential customers.
A friendly reminder about a new service or product can increase the number of visitors coming to your site.
Regularly sending out newsletters and promoting your offers through email is a great way to stay connected with your customers. And also a great way to get traffic to your website.
Add a form to your site in order to collect email addresses from the people that want to get your newsletters. A gentle reminder: Don’t bombard your readers with emails. They might see it as a disturbance and opt to unsubscribe from your emails.
You should also pay attention to your subject lines. That’ll determine whether they open your email or not. If they don’t get to open it, the chances of getting traffic to your website are slim.
Make sure your site is fast and responsive
Ever found yourself waiting for what seems like a decade for a site to load? Frustrating, isn’t it? If your site takes a long time to load, chances are that your bounce rate will shoot up. Bounce rate is the number of visitors who leave the site after viewing only one page.
Ensure that the pages on your website are technically optimized. Check for image size and page structure. How accessible is information? The faster your website loads, the better.
More people are currently using their mobile to access the Internet. Make it easy for them to have access to your website on their mobile devices and across all devices.
Paid Traffic Methods
Some marketers prefer paid traffic. 42 per cent of small and medium businesses consider Facebook and other social media ads to more effective. Any service you pay for that gets you leads is paid traffic.
Sources of paid traffic include Pay Per Click (PPC) like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Banner ads or sponsored content.
In reality, a mixture of paid and organic is the best way to bring potential customers to your website. What strategies are you putting in place to get more website visitors? Share with us in the comment section.