ENJOY 4 MIN READ
Inbound marketing and for that matter content marketing has seen a lot of growth over the past few years with no signs of slowing down. As a result, the World Wide Web is cluttered with a lot of content all craving for the attention of the audience. In order to break through the clutter and reach your target audience, it is important for your content to be of high quality, attractive and memorable. A great way of achieving this is to make your content visual.
WHAT IS VISUAL CONTENT
Visual content refers to a type of content that sends out valuable information in a visual way with the use of mostly images and less text.
Plain, boring text is past and gone, visual content is the new trend. Visual content makes use of different types of images which can be represented in different ways such as infographics, photographs, memes, screenshots, etc. Moving images such as videos, SlideShare and presentations can also be used.Images are more persuasive than text Click To Tweet
This is because images are faster to consume and easy to understand aside from the fact that they are also easy to share. One quality and detailed image can tell a lot about your brand rather than numerous pages of text. Text-based content will continue to be an integral part of inbound marketing. But to set yourself and brand apart in this digital age, visual content must be a vital tool in your inbound marketing strategy.
VISUAL CONTENT STATISTICS
TYPES OF VISUAL CONTENTS
Before embarking on a visual content marketing campaign, it is very important to understand your audience and the kind of content that will stimulate their engagement. This will help in choosing the right type of visual content which your audience can easily relate to. Below are some visual content types to help kick-start your visual content marketing campaign.
A picture or image is worth a thousand words as we always say. Including compelling images in your articles will make people more inclined to finish reading the whole article.
The images, however, need to be relevant and relate to the article or content. It is advisable to use original images, that is, images taken by you to give a personal touch to your campaign. That notwithstanding, you can also use free images from other photo-sharing sites such as Freepik or Flickr. Just be sure to acquire the right license to use them.
Visual content in the form of images can be used for higher engagement on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
If a picture or image is worth a thousand words, then a video will be worth a million words.
A video can go a long way to enhance and reinforce your brand provided it is of high quality and served to the right audience. Creating quality videos will demonstrate to your clients that you will go the extra mile to give them quality service.
According to research, over 4 billion videos are watched every day. Surprisingly, 9% of small businesses make use of videos as a means of content creation. This shows that the video market is an open field with great potentials for your brand.
There are numerous types of videos to help enhance your business such as how-to videos, animated videos or demonstrations.
It is important that your videos are in tune with the style and ethos of the brand because they could become the main representation of your brand in the digital realm.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEBdk6AqC_8″ width=”100″]
Another vital visual content tool is infographics. You can collate all your complex text content into tangible and compelling visual display in the form of infographics.
Statistics show that Infographics are shared three times more than any other type of visual content. For infographics to have the necessary impact, it needs to have a good layout and design. The right colours, shapes, and fonts must be used to convey the right message. The message must be accurate and relevant to your audience for higher engagement.
Keeping the design and layout simple is very necessary besides it is not an avenue for you or your designer to display your Photoshop skills.
When you share your infographics via social media, it’s best to include a thumbnail image as well as a hyperlink to your site where the full image is hosted. This enables you to bypass any size restrictions on social media platforms and bring more traffic (and inbound links) to your site.
Memes are satirical mimicries of news, events and other trending stories. Memes are created to be humorous and sarcastic to help break the monotony of your article with a comic relief.
Memes come in the form of videos, songs and jokes. Before deciding to use memes, you must determine if memes are appropriate for your niche and whether they will get you the necessary engagement with your audience.
If your brand resonates with a younger audience, then you are good to go. Another unique benefit of memes is that they allow you to create in-jokes about your industry, which is a great way to make people laugh and build a community around your brand.
Presentations used to be restricted to only the boardroom. Technology has made it possible to share your presentation with the world via sites like Slideshare in order to expand the reach of business.
A good Slideshare presentation will help you communicate to your audience no matter the device they are using. Presentations are very good alternatives for infographics especially when a topic is too long to be narrowed down to an infographic.
A well-designed presentation can keep people engaged with your content. Presentations are likely to be lengthy, it is, therefore, important to be consistent with fonts, colours and borders. Proofreading for spelling and grammatical errors is also important.
POINTS TO CREATING EFFECTIVE VISUAL CONTENT
- Be consistent : Being consistent on social media is a great way to get noticed and remembered. Click To Tweet. Creating and constantly distributing visual content to all social media platforms will keep you visible on the timelines of your audience. This will go a long way in attracting the right customers for your business.
- Create original content : Majority of visual content circulating social media have been reused over and over by different brands. Producing your own visual content will set you above your competitors, increase your credibility and establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Create valuable content: Your visual content will be valuable if it helps to educate, inform, motivate and inspire your audience. If this is directed towards the right audience, they will share, like and distribute your content without asking them to.
- Create shareable content: A good visual content is one that people are ready to share. Sharing will give your content a wider reach and if possible higher engagements. For easy sharing, your visual content must be in the right formats and sizes on the various social media platforms.
- Create high-quality content: [Tweet “Every image you post must be of high quality because it is a reflection of your brand”] High quality images make you stand out and unique.
BENEFITS OF VISUAL CONTENT
- Visual content is snackable : Visual content with relevant information is easy and quick to consume when directed to the right audience without fear of being put aside.
- Visual content helps in showing your product to your audience : Using high quality pictures to showcase your products will let your prospects know exactly what you are offering. This will help build trust between your brand and audience. Use more than one photograph of your product to entice shoppers. Where possible, show your product in use. This helps people think about how it will work for them.
- Visual content is social media friendly : Statistics show that images on social media attract more attention. Social media platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter have made it easy for mobile users to easily share visual content. Sharing your content will help widen your reach and engagement across all social media platforms.
- Visual content helps build organic audience :Images and photographs attract people to your brand whether the images are on social media or included in your email. The images act as magnets and attract audience to your brand. It therefore good to incorporate images not only on social media but also emails newsletters and blog posts to maximize your reach.
- Visual content enhances your brand : Taking pictures that put your brand, products, employees and physical location in the spotlight will go a long way in creating a buzz around your brand. It will help humanize your brand as well hence making it easy for clients to do business with you.
Generating high quality visual content that resonates with your audience will give you the reputation you need to make your brand skyrocket. However, if your content is badly designed, you will end up doing more harm than good.
If you have used any visual content as part of your marketing arsenal, kindly share your experience with us in the comments below.
Still thinking of how to kick start your visual content campaign with killer designs, then speak to our consultants and designers for in-depth analysis and support.
This blog was written by the Sidekick Social Media team. Sidekick social media is a full-service digital marketing agency, we use our writing as a light to help businesses come out of the dark and in turn lead their industry. Thank you for reading our blog for more valuable content visit www.sidekickgh.com/blog